So you’ve decided to get in on the great solar race! Now it’s time to pick a solar installer to design and put in your system. How do you know which company to pick? Here are several tips to keep in mind as you consider the many companies working in this field today:
- Look for a company that can both design and install your system. This one stop shop approach will certainly save you money.
- As you’re making your list of potential solar installers to work with, narrow it down to about three or four possibilities and then investigate these companies more thoroughly. See the following tips for how to investigate them and what to ask.
- Make sure that the company is bonded and insured. This will help protect you in the event that something happens while they are working on your home.
- Check the company’s standing with local authorities. Some companies have gotten a bad reputation for not following the rules and these are the companies you want to steer clear of.
- Find out if the company hires its own employees or if they use contractors. A company that hires its own employees is more likely to stand behind its work because it has full control over its employees. When you use a company that hires contractors to fulfill its orders, you just never know which contractor you will get. The quality of their installations is only as good as the contractor on the job that day.
- Ask the company representative for some testimonials. This will tell you how well other customers have found working with this company. These testimonials will reflect employees better than independent contractors.
- Ask if the company is affiliated with any particular brand names. This is an important question most people do not think about asking, but it is a critical one. Companies that are tied to a particular brand are going to pressure you to purchase this brand even if it is not the best choice for your home or business.
- Do not be afraid to ask lots of questions. Companies with representatives who are hesitant or simply unable to answer your questions about the installation process should be avoided. It seems pretty clear that they just don’t know as much as they should. Only hire a company that knows the answers to your questions and is not afraid to share these with you.
Having a solar panel system installed is a major investment, so it is essential that you choose the right company to do the job. Not everyone can install a solar panel system. It takes special knowledge to design and then install it properly. Take your time, follow each of the above tips and you should have no problem locating a quality company to get the job done.
Let the experts at Greenpower Technology design and install your perfect solar panel system. Our knowledge about premium PV panels will ensure you get unbiased guidance and maximize the amount of solar electricity you generate. Since the feed-in tariff was introduced, Greenpower Technology has been at the front line of the solar movement. Our team have installed more than 180 different solar panel systems, and as independent installers they will not pressure you to buy any one particular brand. Give Greenpower Technology a call today for great design and cost-effective installation of your new solar panel system.