Advantages of Solar PV
- Although the feed-in tariff has changed quite a bit since it was introduced, solar PV systems are still a great investment because they substantially lower your electric bill.
- The price of solar panels has gone down by 45 percent or more, which makes the entire system much more affordable.
- Solar PV systems operate differently than solar thermal ones. Solar PV actually generates free electricity while solar thermal systems heat up your water.
- Solar photovoltaic systems require daylight so will work on days when the sun is not shining. All you need is light to create energy, so although the effectiveness of the solar PV array will be less when the sun is covered by clouds, it will still generate some electricity.
- Utilizing solar power helps lower your electric bills because you are generating some of the electricity you use. Some systems can generate as much as 40 percent of the electricity you use on an annual basis.
- There is very little maintenance involved in owning a solar PV system. Just make sure that you purchase the system from a company with a solid reputation so that you know you are buying quality panels and a good aftercare service.
- The feed-in tariff is designed to increase the amount of solar power being utilized in the UK, but it also makes the installation of solar PV systems look even more attractive to home and business owners.
- By using green energy instead of fossil fuels, you’re doing what you can to protect the environment. Our world’s fossil fuel reserves are rapidly decreasing, so we will have to find alternative fuels soon. Solar PV panels provide a green way to produce electricity.
Disadvantages of Solar PV
- Solar PV panels are more expensive than panels designed for solar thermal energy. However, they do a lot more for your home or business than solar thermal panels do, and there are some incentives and grants to help pay for them.
- You need an adequate roof space to display your solar PV panels. The larger the panel covering the more electricity generated.
- Solar PV panels may not be a viable green energy option for you if your home or business if you have a predominantly north or east facing roof or if tall buildings and/or trees place your roof in the shade during the day.
After reading the above, it’s easy to see why so many people still consider having a solar PV system installed at their home or place of business. The savings in your electric bill and the incentives offered through the feed-in tariff make this type of green energy a very attractive option in the UK.
Let Greenpower Technology help you design and build the perfect solar PV system for your home or business. We provide realistic and honest advice any homeowner or business owner can appreciate. By working with you closely, the experts at Greenpower Technology will ensure that they install the system that generates the highest amount of solar electricity possible, given your property and budget.Call us now to discuss the best system for your home or business.
Green Power Technology Mr & Mrs Collins
May 12, 20195/5 stars